Thursday, June 3, 2010

Edy's Fun Flavors Apple Pie Ice Cream

Last time I went to the grocery store, I purchased some Edy's snack size ice cream cups in the apple pie variety. I LOVE ice cream, but I do not know how to control my portions when I have a whole 1/2 gallon. So, I bought these little single serving cups. Perfect to curb a sweet tooth, and VERY tasty.
I did not have much hope for this ice cream. I thought it would taste like canned apple pie filling. After a bad experience with apple pie flavored yogurt, I didn't hold out much hope for this ice cream.

I was happily surprised when I ate it and realize how much I enjoyed it. Basically it is little chunks of apple and pie crust in a vanilla ice cream base. There is no one flavor that dominates or takes over, it is well balanced.

And the nutrition information is not too bad either. The package says it is 5.8 oz., 190 calories, with 6 g. of fat and 31 g of carbohydrate. It fits within my daily goals for calories, fat and carbs (for diabetic control). I only wish I had bought some more!

0 comments: