Saturday, July 3, 2010

Deviled eggs

So, I decided that I was going to make deviled eggs for the Fourth this year. Never mind the fact that I have never made deviled eggs before... I LOVE them... in fact I love ANY kind of egg dish. So, I searched for some good ideas online.... came up with something pretty darn good too... of course, I had to go through the usual drama with peeling eggs... I have tried using fresh eggs, I have tried using older eggs, I know my cooking method is perfect, and I always make sure to cool them down in running cold water, but I still end up tearing some of the eggs apart.This time I peeled 15 eggs, totally ruined 3, knicked about 6 and had about 6 perfectly peeled eggs. Of course, they all taste delicious anyway, so it is all good! Anywhere, here is what I came up with... some really tasty deviled eggs.

12 peeled hard boiled eggs
1/2 cup real mayonnaise
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. dijon mustard
2 tsp. dried chopped onion, reconstituted in a Tbsp. of water, then drained
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Cut each egg in half, remove the yolks into a bowl. Add the mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, curry powder, dijon mustard, onion and pepper to the yolks. Mash the eggs and mix THOROUGHLY, until the mixture is smooth. Spoon the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Refrigerate overnight, then serve.

0 comments: