Monday, May 31, 2010

Nasty Foods I Love to Eat

I have a confession to make: I LOVE eating Chef Boyardee. Straight out of the can. Without heating it up. AND, I am Italian, so I should know better!

I don't know what it is, but I have had a Chef addiction since I was in Junior High. My mom used to buy cans of mini ravioli for my sister, who was thin as a rail. I wasn't supposed to eat them, because I was on a permanent "diet". Of course, the fact that they were forbidden made them all that more appealing.

I used to eat the cans of ravioli when no one was home, then hide the empty cans on the top shelf of my closet. I didn't even bother washing the cans! Good thing we didn't have a bug problem, because by the time my Mom discovered my stash of Chef boyardee cans, I had about two dozen of them, all crusted with dried sauce. I pretended that I didn't eat them myself, that I had taken them out of the garbage to use for some future "art project". My Mom never bought it.

Even after I was busted the first time, I kept my Chef Boyardee habit going. I had to make sure I only snuck one or two cans a month, so my sister would not begin to wonder where her food was going. But, I DID keep sneaking (and hiding) the occasional can.

I really should know better. Chef Boyardee does not taste very good. Especially not straight out of the can. Cold. But, I cannot resist it's allure. In fact, I JUST ate a can of lasagna. All of the Italian grandmas in the world are shedding a tear right about now.

Also on my nasty foods that I love list:
A can of peas mixed with a can of cream of mushroom soup, eaten cold.
A can of brown gravy mixed with a can of corn. Again, cold.
Vanilla ice cream wrapped up in a slice of white bread.

So, do you have anything on your "Nasty Foods I Love to Eat" list?

1 comments:

GirlyGirlCooks said...

I am guilty of eating really nasty food. I love eating feta cheese and bleu cheese right out of the package. Also, I love eating French fried onions out of the can too. I'm pretty much disgusting!