Thursday, June 10, 2010

Congratulations Chef Samuelsson!

So, Marcus Samuelsson is the "Top Chef Master" this year, and I am a happy woman. I have always enjoyed watching Marcus cooking and talking about his experiences as both a Swedish and an Ethiopian man. I love they fact that he so strongly identifies with his homeland of Ethiopia, even after being raised by an adoptive family in Sweden.

I have always wanted to learn how to cook foods from various African cultures, so I am going to purchase Chef Samuelsson's book "The Soul of a New Cuisine" Unfortunately, the one African cookbook I do own is buried with the rest of my cookbooks in my closet, and I cannot locate it! I have only had African food once, and I believe it was from Nigeria. I really did enjoy it, but would love to try the other types of cuisine that Africa has to offer. I have heard very good things about Ethiopian food, which is why I am so excited to get Chef Samuelsson's book!

Congratulations Chef Samuelsson... keep doing your thing!

0 comments: