Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Skillet Lamb Chops

A few days ago, I made a slow cooker london broil. Well, the meat started out small and shrank down, so I was left with a HUGE amount of carrots and potatoes. I tried to figure out what would be an appropriate companion for this overabundance of root vegetables, and I remember the lamb chops I bought a while back and have had in my freezer. Of course, I had never made lamb chops before, so I had to find a good method of cooking them online.

At first, I was going to dust the chops with salt, pepper, thyme and curry and grill them. But, I did not want to have to take out my electric grill, which is kind of big and bulky, for two chops. Plus, I was not in the mood for the cleanup afterwards. I thought of throwing them in the oven, but I didn't want to heat up my whole apartment. So I decided to find a recipe I could make on the stove top.

This recipe came out really great, although next time, I will probably thicken the sauce a little bit before I serve the chops. But all in all, a tasty meal!

2 (8 ounce) lamb shoulder blade chops
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup warm water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

In a large skillet, brown lamb chops in oil. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until meat juices run clear.

0 comments: